Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Happy New Hour!!!!

Every first day of a new month, from 12 midnight into the new month, people start sending the Happy New Month messages. This ‘thing’ began like a joke that will go away but it persisted and became a norm. The frenzy with which people do it made me understand there was more to it. So, I joined in sending out the happy new month messages because I sensed there was some prize (maybe spiritual or physical) that came with it; but for whatever reasons or maybe they saw my heart, I never got the prize.

What makes this even more entertaining is that some of the people who send these messages don’t really wish you any happiness; they don’t even like your guts; they don’t talk to you; they never reach out to give you business, patronize your business or even say hello.  Yet every first day of the month, they send– Happy New month – broadcast style.

If you are sending a prayer, then send a prayer and don’t send me a one size fits all prayer. If you love me enough to wish me well in a new month, then take out the time as well to ask specifically what will benefit me in the new month. Happy New month is not a prayer.  It is an annoyance.

It used to be Happy New Year, Happy birthday, Happy anniversary but Happy new month? I am counting the months before we start sending happy new week and happy new day messages. We already have happy hour but that needs to be sent out more often now as this recession and the stress it has induced makes it very needed.

Mbok, if you are offended by this message, please don’t respond –pray for me to understand. If on the other hand you are not offended, then wish me Happy Typing!.


Happy Hour to you all, with all my love.

Mother Muse,

No comments:

Post a Comment